TheTimeTraveler’sWife《时间旅行者的妻子》--------byJocelyn
2012-3-29 10:08:11
访问量:2817333
重要提醒:系统检测到您的帐号可能存在被盗风险,请尽快查看风险提示,并立即修改密码。 | 关闭
网易博客安全提醒:系统检测到您当前密码的安全性较低,为了您的账号安全,建议您适时修改密码 立即修改 | 关闭
xmlnamespace prefix ="o" ns ="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 2011-11-11 Section 1 -Henry1: I can't sing. 我唱不好。
-Henry’s mother: That was fine, Henry.
挺好听的,Henry。
-Henry1: I can't sing like you.
我唱起歌来不像你。
-Henry’s mother: Of course not. You're supposed to sing like you.
be supposed to: 应该 suppose: 假设
当然了。你唱歌应该像你才对。
-Henry1: Dad says I can't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow.
carry a tune: 不走掉,唱得准 tune: 和谐,曲调 wheelbarrow: 独轮车,小推车
爸爸说我五音不全。
-Henry’s mother: Dad was joking.
爸爸是在开玩笑。
I love your voice. We both love your voice.
我喜欢你的声音,我们都喜欢你的声音。
How about "Jingle Bells"? That you can sing.
《铃儿响叮当》怎么样?这个你唱得好。
-Henry1: Mommy!
妈妈
-Henry’s mother: Henry.
Henry!
for the third time and said:
‘第三次说:
'What will you give me if I spin the straw for you this time also?'
spin: 旋转,纺纱 straw: 习惯,稻草
如果我这次再帮你把麦秆纺成金子,你要给我啥?
'I have nothing left that I could give,' answered the girl.
answer: 回答
‘我已经没有东西可以给你了。’女孩说。
'Then promise me, if you should become queen,
promise: 保证,答应 queen: 皇后
‘那就答应我如果你能当皇后,
'your first child.'
‘就给我你第一个孩子。’
'Who knows whether that will ever happen?' thought the miller's daughter."
whether: 是否 happen: 发生,出现 miller: 磨坊主
‘谁知道我会不会当皇后呢?’磨坊主的女儿想道。
-Henry1: No! Mommy!
不,妈妈!
-Henry: Henry. Henry.
Henry, Henry!
There's nothing you can do. No. Shh.
你也无能为力。不,嘘……
-Henry1: Let me go! Mommy!
放开我,妈妈!
-Henry: There's nothing you can do. Listen. Listen to me.
listen: 听,听从
你也无能为力。听着,听我说。
I don't have much time.
我没有多少时间了,
You were in the car. It was spinning. And all of a sudden.
all of a sudden: 突然地,出乎意料的 sudden: 突然发生的事,突然
你当时坐在车里,车在打转,而忽然之间,
You were home and it was two weeks ago.
你回到了家里。当时是两周前。
And you were watching yourself. Watching your mom and dad read to you.
watch: 观看,注视
你看到了你自己,看到你爸爸妈妈读故事给你听。
You time-traveled, okay?
time-travel: 时间旅行,穿越时空 travel: 旅行
你穿越了时空,知道吗? Just like I did to come to see you. 正如我穿越了时空来见你一样。
I'm you, Henry. Understand? When you're grown up.
grow up: 长大,成长
我就是你,Henry,明白吗?长大后的你,
We're the same person.
我们是同一个人。
I know that's hard to understand, but you will someday.
understand: 理解,明白
我知道这难以理解,但有天你会明白的。
-Passerby: Oh, my God.
我的天哪!
-Henry: I have to go now.
我现在要走了。
But you don't need to be afraid, Henry. You're gonna be okay, I promise.
afraid: 害怕的 gonna: =going to,将要
但你不必害怕,Henry,你会好起来的,我保证。
Section 2
-Waiter: would you like another glass?
再来一杯吗?
-Clare: Sure. Thank you.
好的,谢谢。
-Henry: Sorry. I was, uh, detained.
detain: 拘留,扣留
不好意思,我……呃……被耽搁了。
-Clare: Are you okay?
你还好吗?
-Henry: Yeah, no big deal.
是的,没什么事。
-Clare: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Henry: You do understand why it is I don't know you?
你知道我为什么不认识你,对吧?
-Clare: Uh, of course.
当然了。
When you're older, you'll travel back to when I'm a little girl.
travel: 旅行
等你年纪再大一点,你会旅行到我小时候。
For me, ahh…
对我来说,呃……
I mean, I've known you since…Since I was 6 years old.
since: 自从
我是说,我早就认识你了,从我6岁开始。
Since, um, you appeared in the meadow behind my parents' house...
appear: 出现 meadow: 草地,牧场 behind: 在……后面
自从,你出现在我家后面的草地上,
Where I used to play.
我以前常在那儿玩。
Um....
呃……
You're not really supposed to drink.
be supposed to: 应该 suppose: 假设,猜想,想象
你不应该喝酒的。
-Henry: Why's that?
为什么?
-Clare: Well, you told me that Dr. Kendrick said that you should stop drinking...
你告诉我Kendrick医生说你应该戒酒。
Because it makes you travel. 因为酒精会让你旅行。
-Henry: Who's Dr. Kendrick?
Kendrick医生是谁?
-Clare: He's your doctor.
他是你的医生。
He wins the Berger for his work in genetics.
genetics: 遗传学,基因学
他因为在基因学的成就赢了Berger基金。
He...He helps you.
他……他帮助了你。
-Henry: This is too much.
新闻太多了。
-Clare: I'm sorry.
不好意思。
You told me to go easy on you, and, um, I'm not.
go easy on: 温和对待 easy on: 节制,宽容
你让我用平常的心态对你,而我没有。
I wrote down every time that you came to visit me.
write down: 记下,写下 visit: 拜访
你每次来看我,我都会记下来。
-Henry: Which I gather I did, or will do, fairly often.
fairly: 简直,相当
我之前和之后,都会经常旅行。
-Clare: The last time that I saw you, I was 18.
我上次见你时,我18岁。
Seems that you go back to the same places a lot.
seem: 似乎,好像
看来你经常回到同一个地方。
-Henry: Yeah, it's like gravity.
gravity: 引力,重力
是的,就像重力。
Big events pull you in.
Event: 事件,大事 pull: 拉,拖
重大事件会拉你回去。
-Clare: I was a big event.
我就是你的重大事件。
-Henry: So it would seem.
似乎是的。
Clare, right?
你是叫Clare吧?
-Clare: Yeah.
是的。
-Henry: Could we pretend just for a minute that this is the first time we've met?
pretend: 假装,扮演
我们能不能先假装一下下,我们是第一次见面呢?
-Clare: Okay. Sure. It's just that....
好的。当然,只不过……
It's just that you're my best friend.
只不过你是我最好的朋友。
I've been in love with you all my life.
be in love with: 相爱,钟情
我这一生都在爱着你。
Section 3
-Little Clare: Who's there?
是谁在那儿?
-Henry: Greetings, Earthling.
greetings: 打招呼 earthling: 世人,俗人
俗人,要打招呼。 -Little Clare: Mark, you idiot. idiot: 笨蛋,傻瓜
Mark,你个笨蛋。
-Henry: Ow! Clare, I'm not gonna hurt you. Just please don't throw anything at me.
hurt: 伤害 throw: 投掷,抛
Clare,我不会伤害你的。请别丢东西扔我。
-Little Clare: Who are you, how do you know my name,
你是谁,你怎么知道我的名字?
And why can't you come out?
还有你为什么不出来?
-Henry: Can you just hand me the blanket?
hand: 交给 blanket: 毯子
能把毯子给我吗?
-Little Clare: Maybe I should call my mom.
也许我该喊我妈妈过来。
-Henry: No, no, no. Don't call your mom, please.
不,不,拜托别喊你妈妈。
Just hand me the blanket and I'll leave.
leave: 离开
把毯子给我,我就走。
-Little Clare: What do you need the blanket for?
你要毯子干什么?
-Henry: I'm a time traveler.
traveler: 旅行者
我是时间旅行者。
I come from the future.
future: 未来
我来自未来。
And when I do, I don't get to bring my clothes.
bring: 带上,带来 clothes: 衣服
我旅行时,不能带上我的衣服。
-Little Clare: There's no such thing as time travelers.
根本没有什么时间旅行者。
-Henry: Yes, there is.
不,有的。
In fact, you and I are friends in the future.
in fact: 事实上,实际上
事实上,在未来,你和我会是朋友。
When you're a lady.
等你成为少女时。
-Little Clare: Am I pretty?
pretty: 漂亮的
我漂亮吗?
-Henry: Yes. Very.
是的,很漂亮。
-Little Clare: Prove you're from the future.
prove: 证明
证明你来自未来。
-Henry: Well, your name is Clare Abshire.
你叫Clare Abshire。
Born May 24th, 1972.
生日是1972年5月24日。
Your parents are Philip and Lucille…
你的父母是Philip和Lucille。
-Little Clare: So you know things.
你知道我的事。
That doesn't prove you're from the future.
这又不能证明你来自未来。
-Henry: Okay.
好的。
This weekend, your brother, Mark, who's a real pain in the ass.
pain in the ass: 眼中钉 pain: 痛苦 这个周末,你哥哥Mark,他是个真正的淘气包。
Falls out of a tree and breaks his arm.
fall: 掉下,落下 break: 打断,摔断
会从树上摔下来摔断胳膊。
-Little Clare: Yeah, but I won't know till then if you're telling the truth or not.
truth: 事实
好的,但得等到那时我才知道你讲的是不是真话。
-Henry: Well, if you hang around long enough, you'll see me disappear.
hang around: 闲荡,徘徊 enough: 足够的,充足的 disappear: 消失
如果你再等一会儿,你会看到我消失。
-Little Clare: But you just got here.
但你才刚到。
-Henry: I'll be back again.
我会再回来的。
Lots of times.
很多很多次。
In fact...
事实上……
I'll be back next Tuesday at 4.
我会在下周二4点过来。
And it'd be great if, when you come then, you could bring me some clothes.
如果你会来,能给我带些衣服就好了。
Something your dad won't miss.
miss: 想念
一些你爸爸不穿的衣服。
Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
(以下内容未出现在课堂讲解上,是备课中的一部分,供学生课余时间自习~)
Section 4
-Clare: Hey.
嘿。
-Gomez: Hey.
嘿。
-Clare: Charisse is out.
Charisse出去了。
-Gomez: Henry here?
Henry在吗?
-Clare: No, he's at the library.
library: 图书馆
不,他在图书馆。
-Gomez: Don't marry him, Clare.
marry: 娶,嫁,与……结婚
别嫁给他,Clare。
-Clare: What?
什么?
-Gomez: Just don't marry Henry, okay?
别嫁给Henry就好,行吗?
-Clare: You know, he hasn't asked me yet.
要知道,他还没向我求婚呢。
-Gomez: Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
talk about: 谈论,讨论
好的,你知道我什么意思。
-Clare: I love him.
我爱他。
-Gomez: Here. Come here.
过来。
I saw him last night at the Vic. 我昨晚在Vic酒吧那儿看到他了。
Barrel of laughs. First, he beats up a guy,
barrel: 桶,大量 laugh: 笑 beat: 拍打,击打
他出尽了洋相,先是揍一个家伙。
Then we burglarize the Army-Navy store.
burglarize: 偷窃 store: 商店
之后我们去了海军商店偷东西。
And then he tells me that he's a time traveler.
traveler: 旅行者
之后他告诉我,他是时间旅行者。
You know, because he travels through time.
你知道,因为他会在时间中旅行。
-Clare: And did you believe him?
believe: 相信,信任
那你相信他了吗?
-Gomez: Um....
呃……
Not until he disappeared right in front of me, you know?
in front of: 在……前面
直到他在我眼前消失掉,知道吗?
Like, he just disappeared.
他就那么消失了。
-Clare: Yeah, it's a problem.
problem: 问题,麻烦
是的,这是个问题。
-Gomez: Are you saying you know about this?
你是说你知道这一切吗?
-Clare: I've known for a very long time.
我早就知道了。
-Gomez: Okay, I don't know what the hell's going on, all right?
好吧,我不知道到底发生了什么,好吧。
I really don't need to know how the whole thing works, because I don't care.
need: 需要 care: 关心
我也不必知道是什么原理,因为我不在乎。
But, uh, just presuming for a second,
presume: 假设,推测
但是,先假设一下下。
That we're not all out of our freaking minds...
freaking: 奇异的,反常的
我们没有发疯……
Whatever Henry has, it's, uh....
whatever: 无论如何
Henry的能力,那……
It's not good.
不是好事。
-Clare: I've been waiting for him my entire life, and now he's here.
entire: 整个,全部
我这一生都在等他,现在他出现了。
I mean, it's already happened.
already: 已经
我是说,这一切已经发生了。
I couldn't even change it if I wanted to.
change: 改变
就算我想,我也改变不了。
-Gomez: Well, you're worse off than I thought.
worse off: 更遭,更坏
唉,你比我想的还糟糕。
-Clare: Maybe I am.
也许是的。
Section 5 -Alba: Daddy. Daddy. 爸爸。 Come on, let's go. 过来,我们走。
Come on.
来。
-Henry: This is the first time we've ever met.
这是我们第一次见面。
-Alba: How do you do?
你好吗?
-Henry: How old are you?
你几岁了?
-Alba: Ten. How about you?
10岁。你呢?
-Henry: Thirty-eight.
38岁。
So tell me about you. How's school? What are you learning?
跟我说说你的情况。学校怎么样?你在学什么?
-Alba: Well, not much at school. But I read all the time. I read about xmlnamespace prefix ="st1" ns ="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Egypt.
呃,我不怎么上学。但我一直读书,我读到埃及。
Mom and I are reading The Lord of the Rings.
lord: 上帝,主
妈妈和我在读《指环王》。
And Grandpa's teaching me the violin.
teach: 教,教导 violin: 小提琴
爷爷还教我小提琴。
And I heard Grandma sing.
我还听到奶奶唱歌。
It was beautiful. At the opera. Aida.
Beautiful: 漂亮的 opera: 剧院
真好听。在歌剧院,是Aida。
-Henry: What, you time-traveled?
time-travel: 事件旅行
怎么,你也能时间旅行?
-Alba: Mom says you and I are exactly alike.
exactly: 完全地,正确地 alike: 相同的,相似的
妈妈说我跟你像极了。
Except Dr. Kendrick says I'm a prodigy.
except: 除了 prodigy: 奇迹,奇才
不过Kendrick医生说我是神童。
Because sometimes I can choose where I go.
choose: 选择,决定
因为我有时可以选择去哪儿。
-Henry: You can control it? When you go and when you come back?
control: 控制
你能控制?控制你何时走何时回来?
-Alba: I'm learning.
learn: 学习
我还在学习。
I saw you and Mom walking in the street before I was born.
walk: 行走,散步 born: 出世,出生
我看到我出生之前,你和妈妈在街上走。
You walked right by me.
你刚好经过我身边。
You were arguing.
argue: 争论
你们在吵架。
-Henry: I bet.
bet: 打赌,确信
我猜是的。
It's so good to meet you, Alba. It's so good to see you.
很高兴见到你,Alba,我真的很开心。
-Alba: Me too, Daddy. Me too.
我也是,爸爸,我也是。 I've really missed you. miss: 想念 我真的很怀念你。
-Henry: How long has it been?
已经多久了?
How old were you when I died? It's okay.
我死时你多大?说出来,没事的。
-Alba: Five.
5岁。
-Henry: Five?
5岁?
-Alba: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you.
对不起,我不该告诉你的。
-Henry: No, no, it's okay. It's okay. I just....
不,没事的,没事的,我只是……
I haven't traveled past my own life before.
past: 经过,通过
我从未到过我死后的世界。
How's your mom?
你妈妈怎么样?
-Alba: She's okay.
她挺好。
Sad.
很伤心。